One of Eswatini’s coveted outdoor tourism events, Sibebe Survivor, makes an exciting and much-anticipated return on 24 and 25 September 2022.
Sibebe Rock, just north of Mbabane, is one of southern Africa’s most impressive geological features. This immense, three-billion-year-old volcanic slab, which rises to 1,488 m and covers some 16,500 ha, is the world’s largest granite dome. Only Australia’s Uluru pips it to the title of ‘world’s largest rock’.
The event continues shine the spotlight on Eswatini’s world-renowned historic and monumental tourist attraction – Sibebe Rock. In turn promoting Eswatini as a tourist destination of choice – to domestic and international tourists.
The Rotary club of Mbuluzi-Mbabane invites you to take part in this vibrant event that has attracted thousands of EmaSwati since 2004. The event is a drive to raise money for the upliftment of people and communities less privileged.
As in previous years, Sunday 25 September will mark the main day of the event. The walk will start from Sibebe Resort, exploring the beautiful hills and valleys around the Sibebe area to the Mvithiza waterfalls, up the Ntsantsama river to the top of Sibebe rock while appreciating beautiful caves along the way. From the top of Sibebe rock the trail will then return to Sibebe Resort where the official ceremony will be conducted.
This is a new route that Sibebe Survivors have not used before; join us and appreciate, not only the beauty of the rock but also the surroundings.
This year the event starts on Saturday, 24 September. Sibebe Resort will allow free entry to all Sibebe Survivor participants with a valid wristband.
The resort will have a series of pre-walk activities and entertainment on offer. These activities are described below under the Event Partner section and will be updated up until the day of the event.
Activities – 24 September 2022
- Sibebe Survivor Sports tournament (5 aside football, Netball, Volleyball, Tug of War and Teqball)
- Sibebe Survivor Picnic: The picnic will be supported by an array of corporate stalls, live band music, DJs, comedy and poetry entertainment as well as a music concert with local and South African artists. Sibebe Resort will sell food and beverages. Furthermore, this will also be a kids’ event with games, jumping castles and other forms of child friendly entertainment.
- Sibebe Survivor warm up aerobics: an active and intensive Aerobics marathon for the registered survivor participants.
- Sibebe Survivor Sundowners
Activities – 25 September 2022
- Depart at 07:00am for walk to Sibebe and back
- Breakfast and prize giving
For more information on the event, contact 76366370/79366370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org