Safe Travels Stamp Application process
The Kingdom of Eswatini has received the Safe Travels Stamp of approval from the World Travel & Tourism Council for its newly implemented Health & Safety protocols brought in to give travellers the confidence to travel to and around the country as safely as possible.
Endorsed by the UN and WHO, the Safe Travels stamp is the world’s first ever global safety & hygiene stamp for travel & tourism, designed specifically to address COVID-19 and similar outbreaks. WTTC, which represents the global Travel & Tourism private sector, created the Safe Travels stamp to allow travellers to identify destinations and businesses around the world which have adopted the global standardised health and hygiene protocols.
Countries around the world are now clamouring to obtain this internationally recognised stamp of approval showing travellers and tourists where it is safe for them to travel. It will be an extremely useful tool in attracting clients during the COVID pandemic.
Having obtained the stamp, ETA is now able to award it to members of the tourist industry within Eswatini, and is very keen to see as many as possible obtain and display it.
- The Stamp will be awarded to those companies who comply with the national Guidelines recently produced. If you have not yet looked through those, they can be downloaded from this link (this folder contains a full res print version as well as a lower res screen version).
- For documents issued by WTTC including a guide to the Stamp, WTTC’s Core requirements and sector-specific requirements, click here
- Any company using the stamp must also agree to WTTC’s Terms & Conditions
ETA have been working with the Ministry of Health to finalise the process within Eswatini. If you are adhering to the Guidelines/Protocols and would like to apply for the Safe Travels Stamp, the process is now confirmed as follows and the checklist for compliance can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Industry applicant to contact ETA to indicate readiness.
- ETA hands over to Ministry of Health List of Applicants.
- Health officials work on the applications and in about 5days give back ETA a feedback report on the compliance.
- Both Health and ETA issue a certificate with SAFE TRAVEL Once all issues have been addressed health inspectors to issues compliance letter.
- Ministry of Health officials will continue to monitor compliance through mystery shopping.
- Facilities who would not voluntarily apply for assessment will be later assessed without any notice by the Health officials for compliance.
All members of Eswatini’s tourism industry are strongly encouraged to apply for the Safe Travels Stamp to show that they are ready to welcome clients safely. To begin the process, please contact ETA Product Development Officer, Sipho Simelane:
Email: email@example.com Cell: 76024439
Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Tel: 2404 9693/75